As the New Year begins, we mark the fifth year of the Ignatian Spirituality Institute. What began as a risky idea has flourished into a dynamic and active ministry that continues to unfold.
Today, through the collaborative leadership of lay persons and Jesuits, ISI offers courses in spirituality, individual and group retreats, and formation programs, although we are not an academic institution, a retreat house, nor a parish. It is precisely this lack of category that frees us to do what Jesus invites -- and he constantly amazes us by his divine creativity.
While in many ways ISI is just getting started, the impact of our work is substantial.
- ISI has taken hundreds of people through the Spiritual Exercises and Ignatian retreats in their churches and parishes.
- Our workshops have helped shape several hundred Ignatian spiritual directors from across the United States
- Our formation programs have provided much-needed spiritual companions throughout North Texas and Oklahoma.
- Our team is small but we currently serve over 150 individuals in spiritual direction, and more than 800 people have attended our course offerings.
- In the coming year, ISI’s impact will expand dramatically as we begin working with deaconate couples and launch new formation programs.
All of this is possible with God’s grace and the generosity of our donors and volunteers. We do a great deal with very little. We could do much more with more. Specifically, additional funding would allow ISI to
- Offer financial assistance to those of limited means,
- Bring nationally recognized presenters to our programming
- Support our skeletal staff and course facilitators--all of whom currently work on a voluntary basis.
We need your help to continue to bring the joy of the gospel to God’s people. ISI relies solely on course tuition, retreat offerings, and donations from people like you. Each gift is deeply appreciated and carefully spent.
In the coming weeks, as you make your year-end giving decisions, please consider a gift to ISI. You can make your donation here. With your support, ISI will continue to be dynamic and responsive to Jesus’ invitations to serve with joy and hope. Thank you so much for generosity.
Blessings in the Lord,
Carol Ackels, Director
“no one is excluded from the joy brought by the Lord. The Lord does not disappoint those who take this risk; whenever we take a step toward Jesus, we come to realize that he is already there, waiting for us with open arms.”
– Pope Francis, Joy of the Gospel