What is the Practicum?
This practicum is a four day workshop providing instruction and formation for planning and giving preached retreats, days of reflection, parish missions, or talks on ignatian spirituality to faith organizations. The practicum will offer instruction and one-to-one mentoring regarding:
• underlying movements and graces of the preached retreat
• identifying what audiences want and need
• developing retreat/talk theme and flow of presentation for retreats and days of reflection
• formulating and framing presentations and talks
• best practices for use of hand-outs, technology, artwork, music, liturgies and sacramental symbols.
How is the Practicum presented?
During the practicum participants will:
• attend plenary presentations
• have ample time to work in small groups and individually
• formulate and write presentations/talks
• meet one-to-one with experienced mentors
• be expected to prepare and give presentation/talk to the other participants
• have opportunity for daily Eucharist and prayer
Who are the presenters?
The practicum features experienced presenters, including:
|Carol Ackels||Ron Boudreaux, S.J.||Joe Tetlow, S.J.||Ed Quinnan, S.J.|
....and more to be announced soon
Find out more about the presenters here
Who will attend the Practicum?
The practicum is designed for Jesuits, priests, religious sisters and brothers, and lay persons currently involved, or moving into,
• preached conference retreats
• presentations/talks on ignatian identity to faculty and staff at Catholic schools and parishes, especially Jesuit institutions
• parish missions
• days/mornings of reflection for parish, retreat house, or other organizations.
Participants will have made their own retreat experience of the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius of Loyola
When is the Practicum?
July 26 - 30, 2015
|Arrival:||4:00 - 6:00 p.m.||Sunday, July 26|
|Departure:||following lunch||Thursday, July 30|
What is the Practicum Cost:
Registration (non-refundable): $50
+ Program fee: $350
• includes binder with retreat materials, talks, handouts from experienced directors
• all meals
• private en suite room with linens provided
• Beautiful lakeside campus of Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House
There is a discount for those attending both this practicum and the ISI Workshop-Retreat Experiences: Giving and Guiding the Spiritual Exercises. The cost for both is:
Registration (non-refundable): $75
+Program fees: $625
Please register here if you are attending both programs.