The First Series of the Jesus of Nazareth, Our Companion program explores the Principle and Foundation of Master Ignatius and the Spiritual Exercises.
We will see that the Foundation is Jesus Christ—for nobody can lay down any other foundation—and feel why it matters. We will find that “praise, reverence, and serve,” the Principle, describes our actual life as members of The People of God. We will consider the living truths that Jesus of Nazareth’s human experience reveals about our own lives as God’s chosen people.
Against five centuries of human development, science, and theology we will deepen the meaning of In the beginning was the Word, and put energy into our hopes for Christ’s Second Coming. The key image for this First Series is the Vine and the Branches.
Who will benefit from this series:
- Persons who serve as guide or retreat director of the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius of Loyola.
- Persons who serve as spiritual directors or spiritual companions in the Ignatian tradition.
- Persons who work in apostolates of the Society of Jesus, such as spirituality formation programs, parish programs of adult formation, school administration or campus ministry, university offices of mission and ministry, etc.
- Persons who live an Ignatian spirituality and are leaders, or growing into leadership, at work, in communities, and in families.
Our way of proceeding:
- Saturdays, 10:00 - 11:15 a.m. on September 12, 19, 26, October 3, 10
- The time will include materials and input from Fr. Tetlow, individual prayerful consideration, small group discussion, and plenary with opportunity for questions.
- Live sessions via Zoom on selected date/time: preparatory materials and zoom link will be emailed to participants a few days before each session.
- Recorded sessions available to those who have registered.
Series Tuition: $50 per person (five sessions)
Registration Online Only: Course is full, registration for these sessions is closed
- Space is limited and will be filled on a first registered basis.
- Registration will close when the available space is filled.
- Receipt of payment of series tuition is required to reserve your place.