The Second Series of the Jesus of Nazareth, Our Companion program turns to the revelation that our Creator has chosen to save us from our sin. To reconcile us to Himself, He came into our flesh and dwelt among us.
We will consider that Jesus of Nazareth is God’s Word, the perfect expression of His infinite love. So we can never doubt whether God loves us and asks for our love in return.
How will we give this love in return? We need to learn from Jesus’ human experience, because Jesus is not only the Father’s Word to us; he is also the perfect human response to God’s love. To enter deeper into how He did it, we will apply a grammar of experience to five incidents in the public life of Jesus of Nazareth. (artwork: Georges Rouault. Christ and the Apostles (1925)
Who will benefit from this series:
- Persons who serve as guide or retreat director of the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius of Loyola.
- Persons who serve as spiritual directors or spiritual companions in the Ignatian tradition.
- Persons who work in apostolates of the Society of Jesus, such as spirituality formation programs, parish programs of adult formation, school administration or campus ministry, university offices of mission and ministry, etc.
- Persons who live an Ignatian spirituality and are leaders, or growing into leadership, at work, in communities, and in families.
Our way of proceeding:
- Saturdays, 10:00 - 11:15 a.m. on October 31, November 7, 14, 21, and December 5
- The time will include materials and input from Fr. Tetlow, individual prayerful consideration, small group discussion, and plenary with opportunity for questions.
- Live sessions via Zoom on selected date/time: preparatory materials and zoom link will be available to participants a few days before each session. Recorded sessions available to those who have registered.
Series Tuition: $50 per person (includes five sessions and all materials)
- Space is limited and will be filled on a first registered basis.
- Registration will close when the available space is filled.
- Receipt of payment of series tuition is required to reserve your place.