The ISI Spiritual Companioning Formation Program program is for persons who feel invited to the ministry of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius and the ministry of spiritual companioning in the Ignatian tradition.
The program includes advanced studies in ignatian spirituality. Participants study the structure and dynamics of the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius of Loyola, the discernment of spirits, and other ignatian principles. Participants also develop gifts given them for spiritual conversation, companioning, and direction, such as deeper listening to experiences of prayer, growing characteristics of an ignatian spiritual director, and differentiating between spiritual companioning and therapeutic counseling.
Five semesters are required for the completion of the program. Each semester includes five monthly meetings for four hours each on designated Saturdays. Participants explore concepts through experience and case studies in a group setting. There are reading assignments for study between monthly sessions. The final semesters include a practicum with mentoring as a person moves into the ministry of helping others make the Spiritual Exercises in 18th and 19th annotation formats. The monthly meetings are held at Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House, or a location within the Dallas-Ft Worth area.
Applications are being accepted. Application deadline is May 15, 2021.
- Successful applicants to the program will have made the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius 30-day or 19th annotation retreat (one-to-one) with a spiritual director.
- Applications may be submitted at any time via this form.
- Once application form received, ISI will request applicants to submit two letters of recommendation, preferably from the applicant's director of the Spiritual Exercises and the applicant's spiritual director if it is not the same person.
- Applicants will submit a personal statement per instructions
- Personal interview with ISI admissions committee will begin in April 2021
$500 (per semester/5 semesters)
Tuition is payable by semester, and monthly payout is available.
Upon acceptance to the program, a $250 reservation fee is required.
The reservation fee will apply toward tuition.
For those interested in this program but not living in the North Texas area, ISI is open to explore bringing the program to your area through a series of weekend courses. Please notify the director of ISI if you have a group interested in this possibility.