The Ignatian Spirituality Institute is excited to partner with Bellarmine Jesuit Retreat House to offer the Giving Witness Practicum. Dates for the 2024 practicum will be announced soon.
What is the Practicum?
This is a workshop providing instruction and formation for planning and giving talks rooted in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius and Ignatian spirituality. The practicum will offer instruction and one-to-one mentoring regarding:
- identifying what audiences want and need
- developing themes and flow of presentation out of the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius
- formulating and framing presentations and talks rooted in the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius
- best practices for use of hand-outs, technology, artwork, music, liturgies and sacramental symbols.
How is the Practicum presented?
During the practicum participants will:
- attend plenary presentations
- have ample time to work in small groups and individually
- formulate and write presentations/talks
- meet one-to-one with experienced mentors
- be expected to prepare presentation/talk
- have opportunity for daily Eucharist and prayer
Who will attend the Practicum?
The practicum is designed for lay persons, Jesuits, priests, religious sisters and brothers, involved in or moving into offering:
- preached retreats at Jesuit and other retreat houses.
- presentations/talks on ignatian identity to faculty and staff at Catholic schools and parishes, especially Jesuit institutions
- parish missions, catechetical formation
- days/mornings of reflection for parish, school, church, retreat house, or other organizations.
Participants will have personally prayed the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius of Loyola, in a 19th annotation or 30-day retreat.